Trapped in a situation? Going in circles and can’t find a way out?
Try this self-reflection technique:
- Think back over the past 3-5 years and identify an experience that was critical to your growth and development. Describe it.
- Determine what made that event challenging.
- What actions did you take?
- What actions were effective? What was not?
- What specifically did you learn?
- What does the event reflect about you?
- How can you leverage on your learning to further develop your capability?
You may write down your responses to the above on a piece of paper. Think it through and you might discover that hidden potential in you which can lead you to overcome your current challenges.