In the face of volatile change, our lives are filled with uncertainties and success can no longer be predictable. According to the World Economic Forum, artificial intelligence and robotics spearhead our future economy. With this changing marketplace, are we ready to lead change?
Dignity, not Digital
Through the ages, progress in the human race has been driven by technological advancements. In recent years, technology has even brought about an evolution of “human beings” who cannot live without their phones, living their lives with heads constantly bowed. Without a doubt, technology has contributed immensely to our lives, yet if we lose ourselves to it, we ultimately become slaves to technology. Perhaps it is times such as this where we need to consider what is the true value of life?
The French philosopher and writer Michel de Montaigne once said, “the value of life lies not in the length of days, but in the use we make of them.” In 2008, Sophia Tan (MSocSc) has reached a peak in her life and could have slowed down in preparation for a comfortable retirement. Yet while waiting for her plane in Shanghai airport, she was drawn to the showing of motivational videos and the vast array of self-help books. In her, something stirred, a cry from the masses, a desire to live a life of value and dignity.
In that moment, she heard a call for action, and devoted all her energies and resources to create Morphos International, to Nurture Abundant Life, Rebuild Family Relations, and Empower Business Excellence. To date, Morphos International has used the PEAKS psychometric profiling technology to help more than 5000 individuals unearth their strengths and potential, guiding them towards living a dignified life, and experiencing breakthrough and growth through learning.
Similar to the metamorphosis of a caterpillar into a butterfly, the metamorphosis of our lives is also a process. If we desire to live a life of value and dignity, we need to understand that this is a process that starts with self-awareness. It is once said that “once you understand yourself, you will understand many things, and discover that many things have been prepared for you.” Let your life change not by chance, but by choice.
- What are your dreams?
- How can you plan your goals to achieve your dreams?
- What is your action plan?
- What are the resources and capabilities needed?
- Are you ready?
Clarifying our purpose is not just a mental exercise, it should also stir up an energy within you. With this energy, we can take the first step in this journey of change. Though there may be times when we face challenges and feel like giving up, remember that life progresses only when there is change.
Leading the Future
Change is the new constant now. Are you ready? Is our education system ready? Are our business operations ready? Are our families ready?
Fortune magazine had already reported that 40% of traditional jobs will be replaced by technology in 15 years. It is important that we make adjustments to immediately pick up knowledge, skills and attitudes needed for the 21st Century. Our education should also refresh the teaching methods to promote higher-order thinking skills. Companies would also do well to see “people” as their strategic competitive advantage and use that to great effect. Family lives seeing changes from all sides should also learn to create balance.
Although change is not easy, if you have the right self-awareness, the right tools, the right coach, and a community that supports you, then change can be achieved more easily. Morphos International is established for that, to support more individuals to experience breakthrough and lead the future.
Morphos International is a regional company that provides coaching, training, and consultancy services. We apply deep level psychometrics to enable clients to create a holistic, integrative and sustainable change journey. Morphos partners endeavour to Nurture Abundant Lives, Rebuild Family Relationships, and Empower Business Excellence. We provide PEAKS self-discovery coaching and Morphos Coach Training as a first step to experience Morphos. If you would like to experience breakthrough and lead the future, please contact us.
自古里来，人类的晋升离不开科技创新带来的变革。进几年的科技突破更是让人类晋升到 “手机不离手” 的 “低头族” 现象。现今科技虽然对人类有极大的贡献，倘若人类失去了驾驭科技的能力，我们就可能成为科技的奴隶。或许在这时刻，我们更要考虑 “人生” 的价值是什么？
古人司马迁曾说到 “人固有一死，或重于泰山，或轻于鸿毛”，可见人生的价值是有贵贱之分，而往往这决定在于你我的手中。在 2008 年，陈鸾卿资深导师（辅导硕士）已经到了人生高峰，是能够放慢脚步预备退休的。但就在上海候机厅里，看着那不断播放的激励演讲视频与那层出不穷的自我激励书籍，她深深的体会到大家内心的呐喊：“我们要活出有价值的尊贵人生！”
在这震撼中，陈鸾卿导师仿佛听见自己人生的呼召，付出毕生的精力与资源创建了蜕变国际来培育丰盛生命、重整家庭关系、赋能团队卓越。如今，蜕变国际已透过 PEAKS 高峰性格分析科技帮助超过 5000 人发掘优势潜能，并引导大家选择活出尊贵人生，以积极学习经历成长与突破。
《财富》杂志已报道 40% 的传统工作将会在 15 年内被科技取代。我们必须尽快调整，提升符合 21 世纪的知识、技能与态度。教育机制也必须更新教学法，提倡能引领未来的高层次思维。企业更需要看重 “人” 的战略性优势，并懂得发挥其优势。家庭生活也要懂得在多重改变下，取得平衡。
蜕变国际是个跨区域性的教练督导、技能培训及企业咨询服务公司。我们透过深层次的心理分析科技为客户打造全面性、综合性、与可持续性的蜕变旅程。蜕变伙伴们使命于培育丰盛生命、重整家庭关系，赋能团队卓越。我们提供的 PEAKS 自我认知督导，及蜕变人生教练导师课程是客户体验蜕变的第一步。若想要经历人生突破、领航未来，请联系我们。
Morphos International Pte Ltd
(+65) 6701 8608
51 Changi Business Park Central 2
Morphos Learning Sdn Bhd
(+6) 014 – 641 8418
No. 137, 1st Floor, Jalan S2 B21
Pusat Dagangan Seremban 2
70300 Negeri Sembilan
We are looking for collaborators in Asia-Pacific region, especially in Singapore, Malaysia and China.
At Morphos, we understand it is always about people
Families, Corporations, Non-profits, Business Partnerships, Sales Teams, Manufacturing Line, etc…
At the core… it is about people like you and I.
- “Organisations Don’t Innovate, People Do!” – M.Ditkoff
- “The way your employees feel is the way your customers will feel. And if your employees don’t feel valued, neither will your customers.” – Sybil F. Stershic
- “Everything rises and falls on leadership” – John C Maxwell
- “Companies with engaged employees outperform those without by up to 202%” – Dale Carnegie
- “What can you do to promote world peace? Go home and love your family” – Mother Teresa
The question that begs asking… do we really know people?
- Most business leaders think that financial rewards drive performance
- Our Response: To a certain extent, yes. But do also consider how recognition and flexible work arrangements may contribute to retaining staff and minimising burnout
- Some business leaders believe the larger the team, the better the performance
- Our Response: Yes, provided you can manage the conflicts arising from increased diversity, and ensure that no one is loafing around
- Some managers think that people management is the HR’s job
- Our Response: If you have a strong HR they can take care of the legal and admin requirements, they might also put in place practices to ensure workers are hired for the right fit, but day-to-day people management is the job of the line manager. You can observe performance, give timely feedback and rectify behaviours more effectively than HR
So, what can be done?
We need to have a few key shifts in our organisations today:
- Every manager is a people manager – learn how people function, learn to manage people, learn to lead
- Morphos can provide: manager coaching, leadership coaching, customised training, leadership diagnostics, team diagnostics, assessment of organisational culture, tracking and monitoring of progress
- Leaders on every level – find your passion and purpose in life and align the work you do to who you are
- Morphos can provide: leadership coaching, life coaching, personality diagnostics, customised training, tracking and monitoring of progress
- Empowered HR – go beyond the mundane to establish a credible, objective, and strategic voice
- Morphos can provide: leadership coaching, organisational diagnostics, customised training, big data analytics, HR analytics, workplace psychology research, HR advisory services, business partnership services, design and implementation of strategic HR initiatives
Our first member course is starting this coming Monday in Seremban at our new training centre!
It will be a great time of learning together!
Written by Louis Chin and team, published on the Business Times on 21 September 2010.
Written by Louis Chin and team, published on the Business Times on 26 August 2010.
Written by Louis Chin and team, published on the Business Times on 12th October 2010.
“We started out from humble beginnings, with a healthcare product that really works. Our sales approach is really simple, just try our product and we assure you that you will see the effects pretty soon.” ~ Jane, GM of HM Enterprise
HM Enterprise started out in 2009 as a business of convenience where Jane, a housewife then, chanced upon a healthcare product and found it especially amazing to trigger detoxifying effects in her body upon first usage. Soon after she started to share the product’s wonder with her family members and received good testimonies about the product. With their support, the idea of building a business around the product was born and she, together with her sister, started a trading business to import and sell the products.
With time, the business grew to cover the major cities in China, including Guangzhou, Xiamen, Shanghai and Beijing. Her sales team grew from 2 to a whole network of independent salespersons, full-time sales executives, managers and shops. The rapid growth soon took a toll on Jane, demanding more of her time and effort to manage the complex web of relationships and responding to the problems that never seem to end. Soon, her husband started wondering how come this business of convenience has become what it is now, and questioned his wife’s priorities.
Facing such a dilemma, Jane is ready to slow down the business to spend more time with her family, but in doing so will implicate the families who now depend this business for income. Before any major decision is undertaken, Jane learned about Morphos International through a trusted friend, and discovered a better path ahead.
Training Needs Analysis
Through analysis of commission data and data on career competencies of the sales team, we discovered reliable results (p < 0.05) to determine 3 key drivers for sales commission performance, they are:
- Dealing with Difficult People
- People Motivation
Training programmes are designed to focus on the above 3 areas of development.
Through analysis of commission data and data on personality traits of the sales team, we discovered reliable results (p < 0.05) to determine the 3 traits with the most impact on performance, which could be used during selection procedures.
- 73.7% of differences in performance can be attributed to the change-related trait of “pioneering initiatives”
- 64.1% of differences in performance can be attributed to the emotion-related trait of “optimistic outlook”
- 63.8% of differences in performance can be attributed to the general work-related trait of “achievement”
The above traits are designed into the selection process as assessment criteria.